CNY Student Detained for Bringing Guns on School Bus, Threatened to Soar School
An East Syracuse-Minoa student was apprehended for bringing a packed gun on an ESM school bus and making violent threats to utilize it versus school trainees and staff, according to the Manlius Police Department.
He informed others he had a pistol all the time at school and made threats to soar the school, according to court documents.
When police searched his family's home in East Syracuse on Monday, they discovered a. 22 quality handgun and.22 quality bullets in his pockets, police said in court files.
On the bus flight house, witnesses told cops they saw Ogando sifting through his backpack and reported seeing the handle of a weapon. He at one point displayed three bullets and the gun, according to the court documents.
Ogando was arrested Monday night and arraigned at the Onondaga County CAP Court.
School officials were alerted that the trainee had a weapon when others reported seeing it on a school bus going house Monday, according to Manlius authorities and court papers. So in response to this event, Syracuse schools plan to reopen with armed, retired authorities at K-8, intermediate schools. The Syracuse school district will resume this fall with 40 new school gatekeeper across the district and up to 20 armed, retired police officers. The retired policeman will be at the middle and K-8 schools, which previously did not have law enforcement officers on website.
Bring a 22LR or using one for house defense isn't a good concept. While it's certainly much better than a sharp stick in the eye, even the most effective 22LR load is anemic compared to even a 32 ACP. Unless it's literally your only alternative, do not use a 22LR.
For comparison: the CCI Mini-Mag 22LR Ammo utilizes a copper plated 40 grain strong. It's going 1235 FPS, which provides us a power aspect of 49.4. By comparison, a 71 grain 32 ACP FMJ has a power element of 64. Your average factory 9mm round has a power element around 130. A round with a low power aspect, like the 22LR, may lead to a lower penetration depth and expansion. Preferably, you 'd like a penetration depth of 12 to 18 inches and bullet growth that produces a larger injury channel. Because of this, the 22LR will probably be less reliable than a larger quality loaded to do the job, like the Federal 9mm 147gr. HST.
CVLIFE Red Dot Sights for .22 Caliber Pistol
Tubeless design with 33mm reflex lens aperture provides a wide field of view, suitable for rapid-firing or shooting of moving targets besides normal shooting
Dual illuminated ( red and green);4 reticle shapes in one reflex sight, provide various choices in different occasions, like sunshine, cloudy day.
Parallax corrected & unlimited eye-relief, improving the accuracy of holographic sights. Allen head screw type windage and elevation click adjustments, with locking screw, easy to adjust zero and hold well.
The red dot sight is precision machined from high grade aluminum alloy with a matte black anodized, includes standard profile Picatinny mounting base. Reflex sight with fully multi-coated lenses provides bright and clear views for the user.
Screen Size: 22mmx33mm;Weight: 130g; Item Dimensions：3.15in*1.37in*2.08in(8cm*3.5cm*5.3cm)
- 4 Tactical Reticle Options: Illuminated reflex sights with 4 bright reticle selections provide various choices to meet different occasions. Red-Dot, Circle/Dot, Crosshair/Dot and Crosshair/Circle/Dot combinations are all in one sight, co-witnesses with your existing metal sights.
- 8 Brightness Settings: With 8 levels of brightness adjustment, red dot sight can be adjusted to fine tune your eyeshot from sunlight to dusk. The push-button design makes brightness adjustment easier. Press the button for 3 seconds to turn it off.
- More Accuracy: Fully multi-coated red lenses of CVLIFE reflex sights enhance image clarity and increase light transmission during low light situations. The 40mm reflex lens with tubeless design provides a wider field of view (15.8m@100m), parallax corrected & unlimited eye-relief, improving the accuracy of holographic sights.
- More Accurate: This boresight installs in the barrel, projects a laser beam from the center of the bore axis, and provides a precise reference to zero-in your optic or iron sights, saving your time and money.
- Upgraded battery compartment: This upgraded battery compartment can lock the battery in the correct position and make contact with the points, ensuring the boresighter works fine, easier to mount compared with others. Don't worry about losing your batteries.
- 9 Bore Adjustable Adapters: Laser bore sight kit with multiple caliber fit any 0.17 to 0.54 caliber for handguns rifles, which allows the accurate bore alignment of scopes, iron sights or laser sights on handguns and rifles.
- Push Button Switch: The button switch can control the bore sight laser conveniently while pressing the switch and save power when you stop using.